Saturday, December 10, 2016

Blog Topic #12: Final Project Research
Molly Maid

      On the site for the company Molly Maid, the site's communication objective is to get there information out to new clients. The site has a preview of all their information on the home page and links to click to find out more in detail. The menu is a drop menu that gives you many more options to choose from if you hover over certain buttons. They have a slideshow to show pictures of some of their services, and they have their number at the top and bottom of the page. What's emphasized is their cleaning business. They have section all around the page where you can see their services, where you can get an estimate, and even a section to help you find a branch of the company closes to you. They even have a link to social media at the very top. They also show that they offer jobs, and certificates as well as estimates if you wish to hire them. A common theme on the site is big purple letters. They make any reference to hiring their services with big purple letters and their number is also on every page in bold. The use very big font sizes for their section titles and make sure to have the section they added to help you find someone close to you very big and on the right of the page. The design layout stays the same no matter what with the side section remaining on all the pages of the site. To me the home page feels a little cluttered, while they used a good idea but making the letters really big where they want new costumers to look, with so much information on the home page and the letters being that big, I think maybe the font should have been just a it smaller, or since there's links in the menu to all kinds of information, they should have just promoted the cleaning aspect of their business. A design element that I find I can use for my site is maybe a slideshow of the services my company provides and also pasting the number everywhere I can where it would be easy to see. I might also use their idea of adding a place where they can send any questions they have.
I also like how the font they used, and their colors made it look more friendly since they focus more on house cleaning. It has really helped me with some ideas I had for my site and to revise them.

No comments:

Post a Comment